This week I have been CRAVING sloppy joes. I looked up a few recipes on Pinterest but most of them had Manwich- a can of sloppy joe filling. For some reason Manwich just grosses me out- plus I didn’t have any on hand. I didn’t have any buns in my fridge either but I was determined to make something yummy.
I originally planned to do this recipe with BBQ sauce instead of the French Onion Soup I used but alas- I didn’t have any of that either. Now, usually I don’t buy French Onion Soup because I thought I didn’t like it. Luckily, my husband accidentally bought it so I opened it up, smelled it, and decided that it would be really good in my filling. IT WAS! I am now a fan of French Onion. The filling was delicious and this sandwich did the trick for my meat craving. I actually started eating the filling right out of the pan.
Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
- 1 lb Ground Beef seasoned with Garlic Salt and 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 TBSP Sour Cream
- 2 TBSP Ketchup
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 can of French Onion Soup
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 carrot
- Dice up your carrot, celery, and bell pepper and put it in a hot skillet along with your ground beef and seasonings.
- Once your beef is cooked through drain any juices in your pan.
- Add in your sour cream, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and French Onion Soup.
- Once heated through it is ready to put on your toast with cheese of your choice.
What’s nice is this recipe only took 10 to 15 minutes to put together, it was flavorful, and I got Ceth’s stamp of approval.