I know that everyone probably has thanksgiving recipes being bombarded on them throughout their social media and I probably should have thought about doing a Thanksgiving recipe, but I didnt. I’m not to upset about it though because I do love this chicken noodle soup. Plus, it’s cold season and everyone and their dog is sick so I think everyone needs to have this in their back pocket.
I got this wooden bowl and this antique shop here in SC. Adorable and perfect for this spup, right?
Chicken Noodle Soup
- linked sausage (7 oz.,half of the 13oz. sausage, or cooked chicken)
- 3 diced carrots
- 6 diced celery stalks
- 1 diced onion
- 3 TBSP butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles or Homemade Noodles
- basil, salt, and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter and add your sausage (If you choose to do sausage, see notes below) and carrots and onion. Saute for a few minutes until the onion is beginning to be translucent- just a few minutes.
- Add your celery stalks.
- Add your broth and seasoning. Bring to a boil and add your pasta. If it is homemade pasta it will only need to boil for about 2 or so minutes. If not, boil for however long the package says.
The reason I use sausage instead of chicken: I love that I don’t have to plan for this meal using linked sausage because you don’t have to thaw it out. it’s in the fridge and you just slice it and throw it in the pan.
If you decided to make your soup 100X better and go with the homemade noodles that is totally worth it, here is how I cut mine up. 😆
Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Of course, I have to include a picture or what I am grateful for and what makes me the most happy, my boys.
Til next time fellow foodies.