Happy Valentines day week!
I know I have been MIA for a couple weeks but really I’ve been working my tail off on this blog! I have so many new recipes that I am so excited to share because they are so delicious. Calvin and I went to nana’s house back home in California for a week and it was so fun. We both worked on our blog. She is getting her art website set up and we made some great giveaway items you’ll see soon that I wanted to give to my readers.
After all the carby appetizers of the superbowl- not saying that’s a bad thing, it’s a great thing- you might want a refreshing bowl of this berry soup. It is SO nice. We call it a soup because we’ve always eaten it like a soup but I bet most people would probably put it in a cup and call it a smoothie. To each their own.
I’m going to be adding too many pictures of this because I find them beautiful- my most favorite so far. It’s a beautiful dish!
- 4 cups berries of your choice
- 2 yogurts, your choice
- 1/2 cup juice for helping blend, if needed (I’ve done it without too)
- sugar, if needed
- Whipped cream, optional
- Blend your berries in a blender. Use the juice to help it along. (Any kind of juice you would like.)
- In a strainer like the one in the picture below pour some of the berry juice into it, with the strainer over the bowl. Use a spoon to mix it into the bowl while leaving the seeds into the strainer. If the strainer gets too much “seed juice” in it for it to strain, dump it and keep pouring juice until it is all done.
- Add your yogurts. I like to do vanilla or a lemon.
- Taste it. Usually don’t need sugar but if you would like it a little sweeter add a tablespoon at a time. Add whipped cream if you’d like!
You can have this for breakfast, afternoon snack, and I’ve even had it for a refreshing dinner. Make it for Valentines day and everyone will feel so loved. 🙂
Love all my readers and I love hearing about when you make my recipes so make sure to let me know when you do! I’ve got some great recipes coming your way so make sure to follow on my instagram lemonmarinnpie or follow through email below. Happy Valentines day everyone!