Life has been the same around here yet crazy at the same time with the expecting of twins. We’re not able to know if we can move yet and when and where so I feel like we’re not able to prepare quite yet- and that’s so tempting to do because it’s so exciting! All I want to do is get a move on with things and find out the genders of these babies so I can buy cute onsies. Just a few more weeks. Patience is a virtue.
Meanwhile, my bump all of a sudden has popped. It doesn’t help that I’m eating carbs for every meal and I’m always looking at pinterest for my next idea of what to make so then I get hungry again and eat again.. it’s bad. But I’m starting to accept the idea that I might just be ten more pounds than I would like all the time (excluding pregnancy, I know I’m going to get a lot bigger, ha) because I am a food blogger, I love food, I love cooking, and it makes me happy 🙂 I think it’s worth it.
This is one of my very favorite meals. My mom made it for me growing up.She usually made it in a nine by thirteen without the corn but I had corn on hand so I threw it in. It is so simple. Tortillas, meat, sour cream, cheese, repeat. And it is so yummy.
This recipe is for a 9 x 13. I made half of this recipe and put it in my cast iron pan or you can put it in a 9×9. It makes a lot so only make a 9 x 13 if you’re feeding many people!
- 1 lb ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning (Or ground turkey)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 jar marinara
- 2 cups corn- optional
- can of beans- optional
- 6-8 tortillas
- 2 cups cheese
- Brown your ground beef. Season with taco seasoning.
- In your cast iron, or whatever pan you go with, pour a little marinara to coat the bottom. Add your tortillas to make a layer at the bottom. You might need to rip them up if it’s a square pan.
- Add either your sour cream or marinara and spread over tortillas (I usually rotate it each time the I put the tortilla layer down. But really, it doesn’t matter.) Sprinkle a portion of your ground beef on along with your corn and beans and any other add in you’d like. Top with cheese.
- Repeat step three until you are all out!
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
I bet you already have the ingredients in your fridge too. If you don’t have a dinner plan, now you do. I’ll be posting a few of these pictures on my instagram page lemonmarinnpie and if you want to pin for later follow Marinn Dawson. Let me know if you love this recipe as much as my family does.
Marinn & my helper Calvin (and the twins helped eat this and I’m sure they were very happy)