Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful, happy Easter. We sure did. Calvin was able to play with his cousins and we had fun with family. They were able to stay a few more days too so we get to go have dinner with them at grandma’s tonight! Kids ran around and played and grown-ups got to play 7 wonders. If you haven’t heard of it and you’re a board game person, go buy it. It’s so fun. We got to take a few Easter pictures too so I’ll post some of Calv in the next blog post.
A little update on the pregnancy: The twins are doing great. I am 20 weeks along now and I feel pretty good! I feel much stronger than my last pregnancy and I have the energy that I need to run after Calvin. Thank goodness the first trimester passed. I am keeping a positive outlook on everything and we really are so excited to have them.
So, I have been making these bread sticks for years now and Ceth and I are in love with them. That little round bread stick at the top was Calvin’s 🙂 Cutest bread stick ever.
I first found the recipe for them in our first married house (4 1/2 years ago, so weird.) I haven’t altered the recipe at all because they are perfect every time. The secret to the softness? Once you make the dough and slice them up, you submerge them in butter and then put them on the pan. I never claimed they were healthy, just yummy. Then you sprinkle Parmesan cheese on it with garlic salt. They are so yummy and SO soft.
I’m so happy I get to share this recipe with you all because I know that you all are going to appreciate them like we do.
Homemade Soft Bread Sticks
Yields: 1 full cookie pan Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let it proof for 10 minutes or until the yeast is foamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and knead for 3-5 minutes until the dough is elastic-feeling.
- Let it rise for 20-30 minutes. (preferably in a warm environment but it can be room temperature as well.)
- Roll out dough and slice in long strips.
- Take a long strip and submerge in a bowl of melted margarine
- Hang it over a few fingers so that it has half on one side, half on the other and twist to make the twisted bread stick shape.
- Once they are all laid on the sheet pan, generously sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Again, let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 13- 15 minutes, careful not to overcook at all- keep them soft!
Original recipe can be found at Crazy Little Projects
Stop by my instagram lemonmarinnpie for updates or feel free to share some of your favorite recipes! I want to make them all!
Happy bread making!
-Marinn & Calvin