Well, this is most likely my last post until my “maternity leave” for the blog. I’m going to take a break to have my twinnies and take care of my Calvin. (And me!) I don’t know when I’ll be back but I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things within a few months. I think it’s always important to make sure you stick with your hobbies even when you are busy! I will be full term in 2 weeks and I cannot wait. There isn’t much cooking going on by me right now- thanks to my awesome sister, Anika. She has been spoiling us with dinners and treats. Right now, we have an Oatmeal Apple Banana bread in the oven she is baking for us. Bliss.
For now, I have this quick and healthy meal I managed to cook up that I loved and want to make sure I have in the future. Enjoy and toodles for a month or two! I’ll be sure to let you know on instagram when my sweet babies are born!
- 3 breasts cut into strips
- Marinade- enough to coat chicken with excess- I used around a cup to cup in a half- with a TBSP of cornstarch mixed in. You can use whatever marinade you would like. I used Lawry’s Italian Herb.
- Handful of spinach
- 1 Roma tomato
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- Tbsp butter with enough Parmesan and bread crumbs to make a crumbly crumb.
- Salt and pepper cut breasts in 9×9.
- Toss in spinach, tomato, and green onions.
- Poor over marinade and toss so everything is coated.
- Top with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for half hour until chicken is done.
- Turn oven to broil, take off foil, and let the bread crumbs crisp up. Serve with cous cous, quinoa, buttered pasta or rice. Or nothing! Top with any seasonings. I used basil.
Love you readers!