Remember my Instagram post in December about emptying your fridge and using all of your food? Did anyone accomplish it? I did again and again! It’s actually our way of doing things now. I can’t imagine going back to having all that unused food in the fridge again. If you didn’t do it, make it a new years resolution. It has saved us a messy fridge, money, and helps us be a lot more organized.
Website is still under construction but thank you all for being patient. It might be that way for about a month or so.
Did anyone get an Instant Pot for Christmas? Ceth got me one and I absolutely love it. I am still getting used to it but if you have any fool proof recipes, please send them! I made this Honey Mustard Chicken in the Instant Pot from Magic Skillet and it was absolutely delicious. It’s got the taste of slow cooked chicken except it only took about 15 minutes.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts or 5-6 chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup honey-dijon mustard
- 3 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion or 1/2 t onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mix honey, mustard, sugar, salt, and onion powder in bowl.
- Pour chicken broth in Instant Pot, put chicken in, and cover chicken with half of the glaze.
- Set Instant Pot on Poultry.
- Once it is done, do a Quick Release, take the chicken out and cover with the rest of the glaze.
Adapted from Magic Skillet. A slow cooker recipe is available on her site by following the quick link.
I can’t help but put in a cute photo of Calvin playing in the snow with his “Awgo, the tractor”. Even Calvin loved the “Bok Bok” chicken which he usually thinks is “ew”. Someone else with toddlers, please tell me they are all picky eaters.