This is your basic quiche. Nothing fancy- are any of my recipes? This is to remind you of SUCH an easy, yummy, and kid friendly meal to add to your weekly rotation! It’s always on ours. Calvin calls it “egg-pizza” and loves it. I feel like such a good mom after he eats a slice because this is basically the only time he eats his vegetables. Ceth declared it his favorite dinner meal and also his favorite lunch. (He takes leftovers for lunch) It heats up great and tastes just as good the next day.
What I love about this meal is that you can make it anyway you want. Add whatever vegetables are in your fridge. Have deli ham? Dice it in. Sausage? Great. Vegetarian? Even better. Saute every vegetable you see in the fridge and throw it in.
I always keep pie crust in the fridge for this but here is my super, simple pie crust I make when I don’t have it on hand. No Fail Pie Crust
Yields: One pie Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- One pie crust (or make this- No Fail Pie Crust)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 2 TBSP Flour (optional to make it thicker)
- 1 cup cheese
Here are the ones I usually have on hand to add. Like I said above, add any vegetable or meat in your fridge!
- 1 large, handful of chopped spinach
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- Any herbs and spices
- Place pie crust into pie pan. bake for 8-10 minutes until half-baked.
- Whisk eggs and milk into a separate bowl with flour (if you want it a little thicker texture)
- Saute all of your vegetables and add them into the egg mixture with 3/4ths the cheese. Sprinkle rest of cheese on.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
One of our favorites in our dinner recipes. You can have it for breakfast or lunch the next day too!
Enjoy your egg pizza!